What's all the commotion about aye?

Sunday 7 November 2010

Journey is Destination - My concept

Journey is Destination - My logo / Concept 


This is an idea I've created, through the fact that for a while now, I'm talking years, I've wanted to be more connected to the internet and I've wanted to represent myself, my concepts and ideas to the community - Forcing my foot into the door. Yeah, yeah it's barely even a toe haha! but I'm going to persist!

The term 'Journey is Destination' isn't even grammatically correct, however what I essentially mean is this idea that we get told from a young age that everyone's life is a path that is taking you somewhere which you aim for with certain analogies like 'crossroads' or 'its the end of the line'. But for me, I've never seen this path or what ever you want to call it as a route to something or somewhere. Instead I see a never-ending path and that's where i'm going. This is a concept I feel very strongly about - The idea that we are never reach a goal but only to constantly carry on going and pursuing in life. 


My designs that I have done digitally will mostly be on my blog and my flickr but designs and development will be in sketchbook and I will photograph them if deemed necessary for the blog. Otherwise, linking the two elements discussed here. I have started on some very basic stuff on photoshop


1. Don't actually know what I was doing, more experimental than anything...
2. Easy on the eye here...


3. This is actually getting borderline more complex for me and it did take me a while to get this effect. After just these three designs which I developed in a new sketchbook, I can say that I feel like I'm getting somewhere with photoshop; feels good. 



A little bit more on the concept. You can see that the design has no spaces in between the characters and this is more of a technical aspect as the maximum amount of characters for most usernames and other things like that is 20, thus without spaces is 20. Plus there's something about writing without spaces I like. It's almost like having to decipher something you already know how to but you don't just skim the words quickly into your brain and let the scanning process so many of us seem nurture oblivious to the actual integrity of the word. 

Forexampleifiwastowritethenextsentencelikethisyou'vehadtoputinmoreefforttoreadwhathasbeensaidhoweveryouknowwhatitsaysandyoutakeintoaccounteveryletterforitsowndefinitionandworkoutwherethespacesare.

Okay that probably took twice as long to read but I think words are something people are seeming to not appreciate more and more in the 'super fast' world we live in. Typefaces are something I really enjoy and one of my side projects at the moment is designing my own typeface. This will be on here soon.

Please comment :) Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment